HTML/JS for Background

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Magic Thumb



It's truly amazing what a thumb can do. For the past few days, I have marveled joyously at Lincoln's ability to soothe himself to sleep by sucking his thumb. The first few times I laid him in his crib and he went to sleep without any assistance, I couldn't believe it! Landon took a pacifier, but was always very challenging to get to sleep. And, during his nap, I have watched Lincoln stir, and start to wake up, but then he will find his thumb and go back to sleep! It's wonderful! He is on a pretty good schedule now where he will wake up and eat, play for an hour or two, and then I put him in his crib and he will take a two hour nap usually. Hooray! At night he is sleeping for one good stretch of 4-6 hours, and then after that he still varies in length of sleeping from one to three hours.

No comments: