HTML/JS for Background

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

a whole new world

Well, life in Murray-land changed dramatically last Thursday when we got a call from CPS that a baby boy needed a foster family. We got the call at 11 am, and they dropped him off at 5:40pm that night. So we went from two sweet boys to three in a matter of hours, and we are still adjusting to our new life as a foster family. We are so thankful for the support of our wonderful friends and church family back here, and so many people have donated clothes, diapers, a car seat, meals, and some ladies have even come over to hold him and allow me to nap. I am also thankful for the prayers of everyone that isn't able to be back here to help. Due to privacy laws and such, I am not allowed to say much about the baby, except that he is a boy and doing well, and I am not allowed to post pictures either. Landon has a cute nickname for the baby, and he is doing great and seems quite accepting of the whole situation. He has been much more gentle with this little guy than he was with Lincoln. What a difference nine months makes. And, I guess he figures he has done this whole "welcome a new baby into my life" thing before. Lincoln, however, is having a little bit of a more difficult transition as he tries to figure out what little thing is in my arms when I should be holding him and walking him around (it is his favorite thing right now to "walk" around...he has yet to officially crawl...he just scoots, cruises on furniture, and prefers to be helped to walk or push walking toys around). It has been interesting for me to see the "other side" as the baby is formula fed, and I have solely breastfed both my boys. I am actually enjoying the freedom to leave him with Aaron and not worry about hurrying home for a feeding, and I love that Aaron can take some of the night feedings- horray! I know that breastfeeding is best, but I can definitely understand why some people prefer to bottle-feed. There are many things that I think that God is teaching us through this experience, but a big thing is just my realization at all hours of the night that I can't do this in my own strength and I have to rely on God. The sleep deprivation is the worst form of torture for me, and it totally humbles me and causes me to depend on God in a real way. I am having to give up (again!) that which is most precious to me- uninterrupted sleep, and God is growing me in that. More to come....it's always an adventure!

No comments: