HTML/JS for Background

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Triathlon
















Wooooo Hoooo! I just completed my first triathlon, the Danskin sprint triathlon. It was great. My good friend, Barie, roped me into it after her friend, Alison, asked her to do it. The whole training and preparation was made easier by having a supportive and competitive group of ladies encouraging one another. The group picture was taken at an informational and motivational meeting we attended several months ago when we started training. The actual event was last Sunday, June 7th, and I am proud to say that we all finished the race well. My time for the 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run was 2 hours and 10 minutes, which I was very happy with. Initially my goal was under 3 hours, and then it changed to 2 1/2 hours, and I was hoping for close to or under 2 hours by the last few weeks. The swim was the most challenging part for me, but it was so neat to be out there with my friends and all of these other women, and have all of the families cheering everyone on. It felt wonderful to sprint to that finish line and get my medal- an accomplishment I'll always remember, and one I might repeat next year and try for a better time under 2 hours! Who is with me? :-)

1 comment:

Aaron Murray said...

I'm very proud of you, Laura :)

Happy 10.