HTML/JS for Background

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

12th Anniversary

Aaron & I celebrated our 12th anniversary with a "staycation" this year. My friends Nancy and Tomi kept the kids for the weekend and Aaron had the house cleaned for Mother's Day for me on Friday, so we had a clean and quiet house all weekend! It was wonderful! We ate out (brunch at Jack Allen's was my favorite), watched movies (Mud and Star Trek), read at Barnes & Noble (Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan- hilarious!), played games (Nertz and Scrabble), slept in and went to bed whenever we wanted! Bliss. ;-) I kept commenting on the silence...my life is so noisy and it really hit me how much I value the quiet times these days. It also made me aware of how difficult it is for Aaron to come home from a very quiet office environment to the noisy chaos that is 5-8 pm at our home each night...by that time my ears are numb to it but now I see how hard that can be on the senses to adjust. I think the weekend made us appreciate each other, the adventure of the past twelve years, our kiddos, and times of rest. We've actually been dating 16 years which is officially half of my existence! Amazing.





No comments: