HTML/JS for Background

Thursday, June 3, 2010

37 weeks




Here are a few final pregnancy shots. For all of my pregnancies I have done a similar pose in this same swimsuit at about 37 weeks. It should be fun to compare...I don't think I have them all on one computer or easily accessible, but I plan to dig them out and do a scrapbook page with them all next to each other.

I thought I was in labor on Monday (well, it didn't feel like the way labor was with the boys, but something was up and I was in pain and not feeling well), so Sasha, our midwife came out and checked me and said that I was 2 cm dilated and mostly effaced, but that she didn't think the contractions were really doing anything at that point...long story short, it stopped, and left me wondering if the symptoms were just a virus or something else. Anyway, the whole thing has me thinking about how this stage is the most mysterious part of pregnancy to me. I just have no idea when my babies will decide it is time to come out. Now, I know I can be induced or try certain methods to start the process, but really this is one area for me that I can't control and in fact have chosen not to in the past....it's a faith-building adventure for me...the whole process of conception, labor, delivery, and parenting is really a faith-building adventure (for me, mostly the realization that there is so much that I can't control and need to trust God for- to realize that He is in control and has a plan, and will give me the grace and strength I need for each day). But for some reason, this waiting and not knowing really impacts me. Kind of random thoughts, and I hope I am making some sense! So we are waiting for the arrival of Princess Leia, and taking it one day at a time.

No comments: