HTML/JS for Background

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One tangible way God shows me He loves me...



From the start of my journey as a mother, God has showed me His love by using several different people that have generously passed down clothes to us. Before Landon was born, a friend of a friend in Chico gave us at least eight storage tubs full of clothes, and another tub full of shoes and hats for Landon. I never had to buy any clothes for him during the first two years of his life, and of course those clothes were passed on to Lincoln. Then, here in Texas, several of my friends have passed down their sons' clothes, and when I found out that I was having a girl, they gave Leia clothes too, and I haven't needed to purchase any clothing for her (thanks Kelly R, Carol, Barie, Tomi, Allison, Alison, Amy G, Cantu fam, and I'm sure there were others)! :-)

I feel like this is a very tangible way that God provides for me and my children and shows me His love. Whenever someone brings by clothes, I feel like it is Christmas, and it just blesses me that I don't have to spend time and money shopping for kids' clothes. It's so much fun to go through all the bags of clothes and the kiddos have fun now jumping in them like leave piles and helping me sort through them! And it's so "green"...we reduce, reuse, and recycle clothes with the best "greenies" out there. :-)

She will laugh when she reads this, but God has used Carol Taylor several times over the past few years to bless me in big ways. Just last week as the weather started to get cooler I realized that Landon only had one pair of jeans that fit (he is so tall! and growing quickly!), and I was prepared to go buy some more this week, but on Monday night Carol called and said that she had a huge bag of pants, jeans, shirts, and shoes to bring over for Landon, and I just had to laugh with joy and thankfulness- the timing was perfect, as I had been feeling a little down and not really "feeling" God's love, even knowing that He still loved me just as much as ever, but one of those seasons of dryness...anyway, it was just neat and I could picture God smiling down at me and enjoying my happiness at the random bequest of clothes at just the right time. I love hand-me-downs and freebies, and my heavenly father knows this!

But, the even neater part is that God used Carol (who didn't even go to a Hill Country Church) three years ago when we first moved to Texas,to introduce me to Barie, who has become my best friend and is my favorite part of Texas, and also to Hill Country Bible Round Rock, our amazing church full of generous, loving people that have become our "family" out here and our support system. And over the past few years Carol has given us clothing that her son, Evan, has outgrown several times. So, thank you Carol...you don't even know how much you have impacted my life, and how God has used you to love on me. :-)

PS...it's been fun to pass the clothes on and share the love....these hand-me-down clothes have been through at least three kiddos, and will probably be used by at least two more- how fun and green is that?!?!

2 comments:

Barie Sue said...

This is a good reminder that I need to let Carol know too what a blessing she has been to me since we've known her - I can't imagine life without my 2nd husband (and her family) :-)

LindaFaye said...

I love it when God provides so radically!! Love you and miss you.