HTML/JS for Background

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Water Fight in November




My dear friend Heather and her trio of sweet girls came over today for a long overdue play date. Landon, Lincoln, and Ava decided to have a little water play fun in the backyard, which quickly escalated to a water fight. Poor Lincoln was on the losing end of that battle with a measly squirt gun, while Ava and Landon charged with the special firefighter nozzle on the hose! He was a good sport though, and quickly figured out how to duck into the house for cover and emerge to snipe them! Have to say that I am thankful for the 80 degree weather at the end of November...knowing some of my wonderful family and friends in Wyoming and Nor Cal are in the snow and below zero temps these days... hooray for Texas sunshine and a delightfully warm Thanksgiving.... really, a water fight in November?!?! How nice is that?

And while I am mentioning Heather in this blog, I have to say that she is just an amazing friend, mentor, accountability partner, and incredible wife, mother, and loving servant to so many. Our friendship has developed over these past three years from fellow servants in Zoe Kidz (I was on her first children's ministry team and she asked me to join the leadership team and serve with her, and then under her, and now with her again!), and then we agreed to meet at least once a month as accountability partners, and challenge, encourage, and pray for one another as we share life. Such an amazing blessing from God to be real and vulnerable with a sister in Christ and memorize scripture together and grow in our faith together. Heather has been such an encouragement to me, and I am thankful for the many, many prayers she has lifted up for me and my family. She challenges me....she is a foster mom to a newborn, leads a children's hunger fund ministry through our church, serves on the Zoe Kidz worship team, is traveling to Africa to serve on a mission trip, serves our church as an elder's wife...all with a joyful heart that just desires to glorify God and love on others for Jesus. I am thankful for you, Heather...you are a good gift from God in my life. :-)

I am thankful for so many wonderful friendships....health...my husband and kiddos...our extended family members...our church...our neighbors...
Thank you, God, for all of our blessings.

No comments: